BIG D... this original design celebrates the City of Dallas in beautiful detail.
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
* The Dallas Arts District is considered to be the largest center of urban art in the United States.
* 7-Eleven, the largest convenience store company on the planet, started in Dallas in 1927. The stores operated under the name "Tot'em Stores" until 1946.
* The notorious Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker, better known as Bonnie and Clyde were from Dallas.
* The first recipe for the German Chocolate cake appeared in a Dallas newspaper in 1957. One of its ingredients, a sweet baking bar, was named after its inventor Sam German of Baker's Chocolate Co.
* During the winter holiday season, the Galleria Dallas is home to the country's tallest indoor Christmas tree.
* Dallasite Don Wetzel patented the first automated teller machine in 1968.
* At 26 years and counting, the Motel 6 jingle created by Highland Park High School graduate Tom Faulkner, is the longest running commercial campaign in history.
* With more than a million annual visitors, the Dallas Farmers Market is the largest working farmers market in the entire United States.
* Dallas' Lamar Hunt, owner of the Kansas City Chiefs, first coined the term "Super Bowl."